The Camera Map – Our mission
The Camera Map aims to:
- Provide a dedicated, camera-only resource, for the UK industry,
- Give users a location-specific, map-based directory so they can find the right camera supplier wherever they are,
- Fill the gap in the market for an elegant, mobile-friendly online directory,
- Give users multi-media options, by publishing online, print and email versions of the guide,
- Explore developing trends within the community for accessing motion cameras,
- Create an organic resource that can be shaped with the input of both users and suppliers.
Watch the site grow as Pocket Films implements these key goals and introduces additional features. We welcome your input and comments along the way – do feel free to contact us.
Our primary supplier search filters allow users to look for suppliers using five key criteria:
- Type of production
- Brand of camera
- Type of supplier (hire, sales or manufacturer)
In addition, the magnifying glass search at the top of all the web pages provides a quick search of keywords, such as specific camera models that suppliers have highlighted in their inventory. For the most up-to-date camera specifications and availability, there are web links for all featured suppliers.
The map displays red markers for hire options, blue markers for retailers and grey markers for camera manufacturers. For suppliers that hire and sell, their primary focus is picked for the map marker.
Our aim is to make The Camera Map the most comprehensive list of motion camera suppliers in the UK. Current supporters of The Camera Map have complete, fully-featured and paid-for listings. The other companies have only partial listings – we hope to promote these companies fully in the near future.
We welcome user suggestions for new suppliers, including hire companies and retailers.